The Dallas Fort Worth Area IMA Chapter will meet Thursday, January 16th at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria, 4099 Valley View Lane, Dallas
- 5:15 PM Registration
- 5:30 PM Presentation: Business Continuity Management (BCM): Emerging Risk & Trends
Speaker: Jeffrey Butler, Regional Practice Director, Risk Advisory Services, Experis Finance)
- 6:20 PM Registration
- 6:45 PM Dinner
- 7:20 PM Announcements
- 7:30 PM Presentation:Cybersecurity
Speaker: Danny Shannon, Vice President Sales and Marketing, Trident Cyber Defense
- 8:20 PM Adjournment
Two (2) CPE hours for both CMAs and CPAs are provided. Attendees must sign in and out and be present for the presentation in order to receive CPE credit
. CPE certificates will be sent in an email to those who have met the requirements.
Dallas Fort Worth Area IMA is a registered CPE sponsor with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy (TSBPA). This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the board as to the quality of our CPE program.
Registration by 12:00 Noon, Monday, January 13th
- Cancellation, please e-mail email@example.com as soon possible. Refunds will not be made for cancellations made after 12:00 noon on Monday, January 13th. If you do not cancel prior to the deadline, you will not receive a refund for the event. You may alternatively send someone in your place by notifying firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost - Dinner Meeting
- $37 members with reservations and payment by 12:00 Noon, January 13th, and $42 for registration after the deadline and/or payment at the door
- $45 guests with reservations and payment made by 12:00 Noon, January 13th, and $50 for registration after the deadline and/or payment at the door
- $20 students with reservations and payment made by 12:00 Noon, January 13th, and $25 for registration after the deadline and/or payment at the door
- Payment - Cash or check only at the door or in advance by credit card
Topic: Business Continuity Management (BCM): Emerging Risk & Trends
- Plated dinner Pan Seared Teriyaki Chicken
- House Salad with Selection of Dressings
- Pan Seared Chicken Dressed with Ginger Teriyaki Glaze Served on a Bed of White Rice
- Seasonal Sautéed Vegetables
- Rolls & Butter
- Chef's Selection of Dessert
- Iced Tea and Water, Freshly Brewed Coffee
Speaker: Jeffrey Butler, Regional Practice Director, Risk Advisory Services, Experis Finance
Business Continuity Management (BCM) is most relevant to organizations seeking to mitigate exposure to emerging risks and trends and safeguarding the interests of key stakeholders.
This presentation will provide an overview of BCM and the importance to your organization.
- Identify the common elements of a successful BCM Program
- Discover the emerging risks and trends that could impact the viability of your organization
- Other factors driving BCM
- How can Internal Audit add value as it relates to Business Continuity Management?
- What are the business resiliency lessons learned?
This program will consist of a presentation, requiring no advance preparation.
About the Speaker:Jeffrey Butler
is the Regional Practice Director, Risk Advisory Services for Experis Finance. He has over 25 years executive management and professional services consulting experience in a variety of industries including Energy, Financial Services/Institutions, Healthcare, Hospitality, Higher Educations, Non-profit, Retail, Technology and Global Six Accounting. Prior to joining Experis Finance, Jeffrey was Chief Audit Executive for Sabre Holdings, a leading travel technology company. Before joining Sabre Holdings, he was Executive Director with Grant Thornton LLP in the Governance, Risk & Compliance practice. Jeffrey also has extensive experience as a senior finance executive within organizations. His global business experience includes risk management, internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, information technology audit and governance, Business Continuity Management (BCM), Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and business and IT strategy development. He has spoken/taught on various subjects including BCM, ERM, RPA and Sarbanes-Oxley at local chapters of the IIA, IIA International Conference and other professional organizations. Jeffrey holds both a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and a Master of Business Administration in Finance from Texas Christian University