· Financial Analyst II / FP&A (R-0000002385)
Apply here: Federal Reserve System Careers - Workday (myworkdayjobs.com)
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
A requirement of this position is that you must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank's vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as needed by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated because of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
We are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Financial Analyst II in the Financial Planning & Analysis group of the Financial Management Department. You will analyze financial information, manage data and assist management in reporting and forecasting financial information. This position is based in Dallas, TX.
You will work with a team of six individuals who perform the Bank's budget processes and ensure compliance with Federal Reserve cost accounting standards, while working with other department budget contacts throughout the Bank. You will report directly to the manager of the team to build the deliverables and other duties as assigned.
- Apply more advanced financial analysis and cost accounting principles, practices, and techniques to analyze cost data; prepare operating budgets; and perform analysis to support strategic decision-making and reduce costs.
- Provide consultation and training to departments on budget and cost accounting related matters.
- Prepare more advanced analysis and variance reports, tables, charts, and graphs; gather data, identify variables, prepare financial models, and determine/prioritize viable solutions.
- Solve a range of straightforward problems. Analyze possible solutions using standard procedures. Receive a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Provide analytical support for moderately complex projects, including developing budgets, providing cost accounting guidance, and performing financial analysis methods and procedures.
- Design and troubleshoot standard and advanced visualizations and reports.
- Collaborate with other areas of financial management to correct operational errors and provide cost accounting guidance.
- Assist in writing the annual financial plan, which includes researching, analyzing, writing, and creating graphics.
- Conduct thorough analysis on financial trends and provide recommendations to management.
- Create and deliver presentations on financial data or financial guidance to key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Operations, Data Analysis, Business Administration or other related field.
- 2–5 years of professional experience in a financial planning, cost accounting, or related environment.
- Experience with meeting deadlines, accuracy, team player, customer focus, influencing others, independence, taking initiative, perseverance, presentation, decision making.
- Proficient using Microsoft products, include Excel pivot tables and formulas.
- Experience in own discipline; still acquire higher-level skills; ability to learn about the organization, processes and customers.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, be comfortable working in a team environment and able to work well independently.
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
By federal law, this position requires that candidates fall within one of the following citizenship categories: (1) U.S. citizen, (2) U.S. national, (3) U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, or (4) U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)