This will be a hybrid event and you can attend both sessions or only one session.
If you are coming in person, this is NOT the event for you. Please exit out of this one and look for the event that says "In-Person".
The Dallas Fort Worth Chapter and the Texas Association of CPAs are co-hosting an 8-hour seminar. The morning session is a four (4) hour Ethics course approved by the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy. The afternoon session is Technology and includes Cybersecurity including Written Information Security Plan (WISP) and Excel techniques. A WISP is required for anyone that will be obtaining or renewing their PTIN with the IRS.
Date: December 13, 2002
Schedule -- all times Central Standard Time
8:15 a.m. - 12:00 noon Recommended CPE: 4 hours Ethics for CMAs and 4 hours Texas Regulatory Ethics for CPAs
Technology Session Recommend CPE: 4 hours
1:00 p.m. - 2:40 p.m. Cybersecurity including developing your Written Information Security Plan (WISP)
2:40 p.m. - 2:50 p.m. break
2:50 p.m. - 3:40 p.m. Excel techniques
3:50 p.m. - 4:40 pm Cyber Crime
Ethics Speaker: Alison McLeod, LL.M., JD, CPA
Cybersecurity Speakers: Neal Juern, President Juern Technoloy and Susanne Donohue, Managing Partner, MBA, SPHR, 19:21 Consultants
Excel Speaker: Brian Butler, Business Operations Manager, Juern Technology
Advance Preparation: None
Program level: Basic
Ethics Learning objectives:
- To educate licensees in ethics of professional accounting as Texas CPAs.
- To convey the intent of the Rules of Professional Conduct in the performance of professional accounting services/work, not to adhere to the mere technical compliance of such rules.
- To assist the Texas CPA in applying ethical judgment in interpreting the rules and determining public interest. Public interest should be placed ahead of self interest, even if it means a loss of job or client.
- To review and discuss the Rules of Professional Conduct and their implications for persons in a variety of practices, including:
- CPAs in client practice of public accountancy who perform attest and non-attest services.
- CPAs employed in industry who provide internal accounting and auditing services.
- CPAs employed in education or in government accounting or auditing.
- This qualifies for Ethics CPE for both CMAs and CPAs
The Ethics presenter will be Allison McLeod, LL.M., CPA and the session qualifies for the 4 hour Ethics required every two years for Texas CPAs. Professor McLeod has served as an expert witness in multi-million dollar cases involving tax litigation and accounting malpractice. All cases have resolved to the client’s satisfaction.
She is also a full-time Senior Lecturer at the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas. Her courses include Ethics, Corporate Taxation, Tax Research and Financial Accounting. She received Bachelor of Business Administration and Juris Doctor degrees from Baylor University, and a Master of Legal Letters (LL.M.) degree specializing in Taxation from the Southern Methodist University School of Law. Professor McLeod has also studied British and Art History at the University of Sussex, England.
Prior to joining the UNT faculty in 2010, Professor McLeod held the position of Director of Tax Planning and IRS Audits for Lehigh Hanson North America, a major manufacturer of cement, aggregates and other building materials. Her practice included both federal and international tax planning as well as tax controversy. Professor McLeod also spent thirteen years specializing in Tax Planning with the JCPenney Corporation, Inc., and two years with Deloitte & Touche in Dallas.
Professor McLeod is licensed to practice law by the State Bar of Texas since 1992 and has been a Certified Public Accountant since 1993. She has presented ethics seminars across the nation for both CPAs and lawyers and has maintained a private practice specializing in Taxation for the past 25 years.
Technology Learning objectives
* How to keep your business safe from cybersecurity attacks
* What is required in the IRS's written information security plan
* Learn advanced Excel techniques such as pivot tables
Neal Juern is President of Juern Technology an IT company that renders cybersecurity, cloud computing, server support, data backup and Office 365 services for SMEs.
Susanne Donohue, Managing Partner, MBA, SPHR, 19:21 Consultants
Gain an understanding of how certain Excel functions can be used to establish a DATA FOUNDATION that will result in a meaningful analysis in virtually any setting.
Learn additional Excel tools that will improve understanding and efficiency; and lead you to the ability to see trends and draw conclusions.
Brian Butler, Business Operations Manager, Juern Technology
To register click here
Please note; After your registration and payment is received, you will receive a second "registration" that will be needed with Zoom to receive the direct link to the virtual meeting.
Thank you! to our seminar sponsors:
Ryan LLC , Dallas Texas
Juern Technology, San Antonio Texas